1. “In all created things discern the providence and wisdom of God, and in all things give Him thanks.” – St. Teresa of Avila
2. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” – St. Ambrose
3. “A man wanted to do evil, but first prayed as usual; and finding himself prevented by God, he was then extremely thankful.” -St. Mark the Ascetic
4. “Prayer is an aspiration of the heart. It is a simple glance directed to Heaven. It is a cry of gratitude and love in the midst of trial as well as joy.” –St. Therese Lisieux
5. “Out of gratitude and love for Him, we should desire to be reckoned fools.” –St. Ignatius of Loyola
6. “O my God, let me remember with gratitude and confess to thee thy mercies toward me.” –St. Augustine of Hippo
7. “Remember the past with gratitude. Live the present with enthusiasm. Look forward to the future with confidence.” –St. John Paul II
8. “The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for what He is sending us every day in His goodness.” – St. Gianna Beretta Molla
9. “Thank God ahead of time.” –Bl. Solanus Casey
10. “Gratitude is the first sign of a thinking, rational creature.” –Bl. Solanus Casey
11. “O God, grant that whatever good things I have, I may share generously with those who have not, and whatever good things I do not have, I may request humbly from those who do.” –St. Thomas Aquinas
12. “Lord, teach me to be generous. Teach me to serve You as You deserve.” –St. Ignatius of Loyola
We serve God when we offer Him the first fruits of our labor. Almsgiving is not exclusive to monetary donations. Rather, almsgiving is all the ways we offer our talents and ourselves to those in most need surrounding us. In this way, we serve God by generously serving others.
St. Joseph & Father McGivney, Pray for Us!